WANTED: INDEPENDENT SALES AGENTS
We are looking to expand into specialty retail stores in the key winter sports regions of the United States and Western Canada. We are searching for independent sales agents who are revenue driven, professional, have a proven sales track record, are knowledgeable and experienced with wholesale customers in the ski industry.
The ideal candidate is an expert ski and winter sports accessory sales representative or agency covering a multi-state territory. You need to have an established network of customers and profitable business relationships with reputable customers in the ski industry. You need to be an expert brand builder and crave the challenge of selling a premium ski brand that is still small and relatively new to the North American market.
As the face of this brand in the field you are going to be your customers' first contact with Majesty Skis and our brand ambassador. It is important that you have the experience with pitching a new brand with its product portfolio and value proposition to the retailers. Ideally, you have previously successfully introduced new products and grown a new brand from the ground up. It is important that you are hungry for success and are well familiar with, and prepared for the long sales cycle as an independent sales professional in the ski business.
In return, we offer competitive commission rates and performance based bonuses.
- Close sales, meet sales targets and drive revenue via pre-season bookings and in-season re-orders from customers in your territory.
- Research, identify and capture new retail accounts.
- Maintain productive and profitable relationships with accounts.
- Identify and attend relevant industry and consumer events in your territory.
- Provide regular feedback on product trends and new opportunities.
- Be the eyes and ears in the field to identify growth opportunities.
- You are a ski gearhead with 5+ years of independent sales experience in the ski or winter sports industry.
- You are a full time independent sales professional working in the ski and outdoor industry segment (inquiries from sales reps who are not full time sports and outdoor industry professionals will not be considered.)
- You are revenue driven and closing sales is your top competence.
- You are a financially stable business professional and have a steady revenue flow from the portfolio of brands you represent. You must be able to comfortably purchase product samples and if needed, a ski demo fleet that you'll use at local and regional demo events in your territory.
- You have well established relationships with key winter retail accounts in your territory.
- If asked, you have the ability to travel outside your territory to attend industry trade shows or official media events such as ski-tests with major ski publications.
- You are ambitious, competitive, outgoing and self-motivated.
- You are technology savvy - email, web, spreadsheets, social media etc.
- You are a great communicator and respond to emails and messages without delay.
- You have a passion for skiing and for representing innovative, unique, high quality products.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and your value proposition to firstname.lastname@example.org
Majesty’s marketing and branding activities consist of tests and reviews in ski publications, engagement in social media, direct email campaigns, product giveaway campaigns directly or via magazines including Backcountry Magazine. Each season we select official Buyers' Guide tests that we attend that may include Freeskier Magazine, Backcountry Magazine and Powder Magazine and we participate in independent reviews and gear guides including Newschoolers.com and Blistergeareview.com as well as local on the snow demos for the general public.